Tuesday, September 20, 2005

George Voinovich

This isn't exactly timely, but I've been busy for the last several days. I do want to give George Voinovich a thumbs up for his questioning of Julie Myers in her confirmation hearing to head Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Voinovich had this to say:

“I’m really concerned about your management experience,” Sen. George Voinovich, R-Ohio, told her, pointing out that ICE, with 20,000 employees, was the second-largest investigative agency in the federal government.

“I think that we ought to have a meeting with (Homeland Security Secretary) Mike Chertoff … to ask him… why he thinks you’re qualified for the job.

“Because based on your resume, I don’t think you are,” Voinovich concluded.

Now we'll have to see if Katrina has given Voinovich the balls to reject Myers that he didn't have to reject Bolton.

No comments: