Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Under God If We Must

Another run is being taken at removing "under God" from the Pledge Of Allegiance. This is sure to get the religious right worked up into a frenzy. Under God was added to the pledge in the 1950's as part of some Cold War propaganda. To be quite honest, I really don't give a fuck about this or the fact that the same thing is on our money.

I'm an atheist, but I'm not even a practicing atheist. I object to right-wing Christians intruding into my life through attempting to influence policy, not some crappy wording on money or in the Pledge. Hell, I think the idea of even having a pledge of allegiance is fascist in a silly cartoony sort of way.

Oh well, if it pisses off Rob Parsley of World Harvest Church, so much the better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmm... control fat lose lyric man scoop...

that isn't a very good sales pitch, or maybe I'm just not hip to blog ads.