Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Mike Brown: I'm Doing A Helleva Job

Mike Brown didn't exactly say that, but it was close as he testified before the republican led "investigation" of FEMA's failures. Brown did go on to say, "I know what I'm doing, and I think I do a pretty darn good job of it." Brown went on to play the blame game, pointing fingers at local and state officials.

Brown, who is still catching a check from FEMA as a consultant, is really spinning his wheels here. Rightly so or not, the court of public opinion has already judged him guilty and demanded he be sent to the gallows. Republicans using Brown to blame the locals simply look foolish. The die is cast, deal with it. If I was a republican, I'd throw the guy under the bus.

I know that the Democrats are boycotting this investigation, but I'm not sure that is the best way to go. It would certainly look better if somebody was up there grilling Brown other than the soon to be indicted William Jefferson.

No comments: