Saturday, September 24, 2005

Drills

Tony Harrison just asked Rep. Gene Green whether or not the US should have evacuation drills. Ain't gonna happen. Do you really think Americans are going to give up a Saturday to sit on the highway? Please. Hell, I believe in these kind of things and I wouldn't participate.

The only way to effectively evacuate a US city is for the federal government to pay airlines for a massive airlift plus pre-position AMTRAK for a trainlift as well. In the aftermath of Rita, every mayor in the US has to be thinking, "How the fuck would I evacuate my city."

Later today, I'll go into how this can be accomplished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get some sleep! Don't make me mother hen you from across the country. "Everytime I think I'm out of it, they pull me back in." or something. It's early here.