Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The New York Times

I'm thinking of subscribing to the New York Times. I already buy the Sunday Times at the news stand for five dollars, so it would not be that much more to subscribe to the print edition daily. I have a question though. Does anyone know what time the weekday Times is delivered in Columbus? If it is after 6:30AM it is pretty much useless to me. I'll just subscribe to the Sunday Times. This will allow me to get access to the new Times Select crap which will be putting its columnists behind a subscription wall. Most of the columnists that I read in the Times are syndicated so I'm not going to pay fifty dollars a year for the service itself.

I am very interested in the archives that are going to be made available though. They plan to eventually offer every Times article from the paper's inception.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I received home delivery of the weekend Times for a month, there were mornings when it would not be delivered until 8:30 a.m. However, I could not complain as I never actually subscribed to the newspaper -- it just started appearing.

Anonymous said...

By the way, I am choosing to remain anonymous in using my initials (or are they my initials) in case the people at the Times are reading this and now want me to pay for those free papers.

jb (maybe)

Anonymous said...

Question... anyone read the Economist? I like it but don't read it enough to subscribe at their high rates... used to peruse at BB library thanks to our engineer friend... but now go without.