Sunday, August 14, 2005

Ginsters

During the day, I listen to XFM out of London, England. So, I've been hearing these commercials for a product called Ginsters Slices. I couldn't figure what the hell they were, so I checked out the website. Um, yuck!

Ginsters makes a variety of meat / pastry, I guess you would call them food products, that our sold in gas stations and such like the Scotch Egg Bar, the Cornish Roll, or the Pepper Steak Slice.

They all basically are some sort of minced meat, potato, onion, and swede (rutabaga root) wrapped in some sort pastry.

Do Brits actually eat this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they have a Ginster Buggy? Or better yet, Ginsters as big as my head? Now I'm hungry and haven't got time to fly to London and try these delights out...

Silk_and_Velvet said...

I AM in London at the moment but I'd rather live in the United States than actually TRY this new reinforcement of all clichés about the English kitchen.. whoops sorry! ;) Don't be offended, please, this is my recently required famous British humour.. I'm always happy to send you a selection of this delicacy, which one would you like? The Cheese and Onion Slices or do you prefer bacon..?

Phlip said...

S&V e-mail me and I'll email you back shipping info + FEDEX account info if you can find me a way to ship me this crap, and I will sample it. If I live, I will post reviews.