Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Seven Week Bitch

I may not have Katherine Harris to kick around any more, but I've got seven more weeks of Shelley Sekula-Gibbs, or as I call her Shecky, to entertain myself with. From Roll Call:

She showed up to take over DeLay's old office on Thursday and, according to sources familiar the office dynamics, was "mean" to the staff. On Tuesday, at her new Member's open-house reception in the office, sources charged that she was less than pleased that neither President Bush nor Vice President Cheney showed up with the rest of the welcome wagon, despite the fact that others who stopped by included Texas GOP Sens. Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn and Texas GOP Reps. Kevin Brady and Michael Burgess. (Apparently, according to sources, she was under the impression that the president of the United States would be there to greet the seven-week Congresswoman.)
The staff she was mean to resigned en masse as a result of her rudeness, and these people had worked for Tom Delay.

That is funny enough in itself, but on Tuesday when Shecky had her open house the president wasn't even in the United States, he was flying to Asia to take part in the APEC conference. Perhaps Seven Week Shecky wanted to meet the president to work on her agenda. From WAPO:

"I'm working hard to accomplish the things I'm working for," she said yesterday. "For tax cuts. For immigration reform. To make sure we have a good solution for the war in Iraq."

All that? In a few weeks?

"If there's a way to do it, I'll do it," she said, smiling beneath her bright blond hair. "I'll deal with the leadership to get as much done as possible."
Yea, as a temporary freshman Rep she is going to deal with the leadership. She'll be lucky to get invited to the Christmas party. Oh, I'm sorry, Holiday party. I almost forgot to start my 2006 campaign in the War On Christmas.

No comments: