Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Genius At Work

George Bush now says that Rumsfeld had for all intents and purposes already resigned last week when he told reporters that Rumsfeld would remain on to the very end. From Think Progress:

BUSH: You and Hunt and Keil came into the Oval Office and asked me to question one week before the campaign. Basically, are you going to do something about Rumsfeld and the Vice President? The reason why is I did not want to make a major decision in the final days of the campaign. The only way to answer that question, and get it on to another question, was to give you that answer. The truth of the matter is as well, that is one reason I gave the answer. The other reason why is I had not had a chance to visit with Bob Gates yet. I had not had my final conversation with Don Rumsfeld yet at that point. I had been talking with Don Rumsfeld over a period of time about fresh perspectives. He likes to call it fresh eyes.

So he didn't want to let out that information close to an election. I wonder how many close races that cost the republicans. There has to be a few of them muttering under their breath upon hearing this. Please tell me more about the genius of Karl Rove and the October Surprise that wasn't.

No comments: