Thursday, July 07, 2005

Judith Miller Jailed

Judge Thomas Hogan has remanded Judith Miller to an Alexandria, VA jail for failure to testify before a grand jury in the Valerie Plame case. While I detest Miller, I do admire her for standing up for freedom press. I firmly agree with the need to protect confidential sources.

That being said, Judy, do us all a favor. Shut the fuck up. From the Washington Post:

"I know that the freest and fairest societies are those with a free press . . . publishing information that the government does not want to reveal," she said. She compared her effort to that of U.S. troops risking death in their fight for freedom in Iraq: "If they can do that, surely I can face prison to defend a free press." [Emphasis added]
No, Judy, your situation doesn't compare in the least bit to the kids that were forced to go to Iraq to be maimed or killed based on the lies you helped mule to the American public. Go fall on your sword, and shut up.

By the way, despite what I said earlier, I'm willing to wager that Ms. Miller doesn't go the distance on her jail term. She doesn't look like the type willing to give up two or three percent of her life for anything.

No comments: