Thursday, July 14, 2005

Jail Bob Taft

Bob 17% Taft has refused a subpoena for him and five others to testify before the Ohio Supreme Court citing executive privilege. Taft instead offered up Kate Barttler his chief policy director to testify. This is ridiculous, does Taft really think that he can pick and choose who testifies before the OSC. I hope Alice Resnick jails the whole lot of them to compel them to testify. Of course, this is just a chance to drag Taft though the mud one more time. I assume he would assert his 5th amendment right, but Taft asserting that right would be the lead virtually everywhere.

I have never in my life seen corruption so rampant at the state and federal levels of government. Jesus, you almost have to be a lawyer to keep up with it all. I think a huge backlash is coming at republicans in 2006. Even some of their evangelical voters are starting to recoil from the antics of the GOP.

No comments: