Thursday, May 26, 2005

Fox Desecrates National Anthem

Last night, on American Idol Fox brought back some hack from an earlier episode to sing the National Anthem. I have to admit I didn't see the episode the woman appeared on previously, in fact, this was the only part of the entire season I saw. In fact, I don't even know which hick won. It was on in a bar I went to after a fundraiser.

The woman wasn't Rosanne bad, but she was terrible. The she was on the show is one thing, but why did Fox choose to replay this woman butchering out National Anthem? They had to know she sucked, hell they had it on tape. I understand that it’s a pretty hard song to sing, and a lot of people screw it up. Even still, why would a network that wraps itself in the flag daily, they deliberately put forth a sub par hack to sing the song that honors our great nation? Lets face it they, could have gotten pretty much any talent in the biz.

Who knows, maybe they're just cheap.

No comments: