Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tom Delay Takes His Ball And Goes Home

Now faced with the prospect of having to run for another term for republicans to keep his seat, Tom Delay has instead decided to withdraw from the race leaving Texas republicans high and dry. From Hotline:


Earlier this year, I resigned from the U.S. House of Representatives and became a resident of the State of Virginia to establish my new business, and where I now legally reside, pay taxes and vote.

This decision was and is irrevocable, which I made clear from Day One.

The Texas republican party is going to try to rally around a write-in candidate, but with Delay still on the ballot it's a long shot at best. This pretty much gives the seat to the Democrat, Nick Lampson.

From the day Delay was removed from the leadership, I knew he was finished with Congress. It's hard to cede that kind of power and still want to play the game.

No comments: