Friday, August 25, 2006

A Ringing Endorsement

Much like Rick Santorum, I'm really going to miss all the easy material Katherine Harris lays at my blogging feet. In an article in the Orlando Sentinel, Harris claims that nobody showed at a rally because it was moved due to a tree falling on an airplane hanger. Yea, because the one thing you always find at the airport are tall trees. It was proven to be an obvious lie, but what really made me laugh was US Rep Tom Feeney's ringing endorsement of Harris. From the Sentinel:

This week, as Harris made the rounds at a Winter Park political gathering, U.S. Rep. Tom Feeney said he continues to back her -- but he does so primarily out of a sense of duty.

"I endorsed Congresswoman Harris a year ago," Feeney said. "I made a commitment, and I'm going to live up to that commitment.

"Feeney was then asked why he offered such a tepid endorsement."I won't disclose publicly what I said to Katherine privately," he said. "But that notwithstanding, she decided to run."

Moments later, Feeney added, "It's very sad."
Friends like these, huh Katherine.

No comments: