Monday, October 16, 2006

It's The Chicks, Baby

I know I'm reading tea leaves here, but there does seem to be some evidence that women are going to power the Democratic Party to several victories next month. Take a look at this poll from Indiana's 8th Congressional District. From The Evansville Courier Press:

- Of the 626 likely voters polled, 60.5 percent are women and 39.5 percent are men. The margin among men was 51.4 percent for Ellsworth and 36 percent for Hostettler. Women went for Ellsworth by a margin of 56.3 percent to 29.6 percent.

60% of the female registered voters poll by Indiana St were deemed to be likely voters. That number is crazy high, especially when compared to men who clocked in around 40%. Now, one poll from Indiana is anecdotal evidence of a national trend at best, but when I put my finger in the wind it is the general feeling I get.

Here in Ohio, Sherrod Brown and Ted Strickland enjoy overwhelming leads among women, but I still haven't been able to put my finger on why. What is it ladies? Iraq? Kitchen Table Economics? Gas Prices? Let us know.

No comments: