Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Slipping The Noose

It looks like Karl Rove has slipped the noose, at least according to his attorney. Of course, with as much misinformation that has come out in this case he might be charged tomorrow, but I doubt it. I still think Rove managed to get his free pass by cooperating with Fitzgerald to cut Cheney's throat. It remains to be seen.

Whatever the case, it happens. Sometimes you get away with it. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Even if Rove was the genius people claim he is, and I don't think he is, I don't see how anyone could rescue this failed presidency. They've simply dug themselves too deep a hole with Iraq, and today's photo-op isn't likely to help in any way either.

There was some potentially better news about Iraq today that I'll try to get to later.

No comments: