Friday, June 02, 2006

Right Wing Fantasy World

If you read enough right wing writers you'll find out that this fantasy inevitably comes up. From Instapundit, Peter Ingemi writes:

The real danger is that we who support the war will reach the point that we say "we might as well be taken as wolves then as sheep". At that point the left can celebrate that they have made our military and those who support it the people they claim we are. Once that happens however any compunction about respecting them will be gone, and remember one side is armed and one is not.
Why does the right always assume they have a monopoly on gun ownership? It has to come from some deep rooted fantasy about killing hippies unabated, and yet, if you took most of these idiots and dropped them off in a lot of the actual Democratic enclaves in this country they would simply piss their pants. Every place in the country isn't Berkeley.

I live in a city that has about 100 homicides a year. Do they actually think I would be scared of them? Please. If the "law and order crowd" ever broke down into violence most of them would never leave their homes.

I should note that I'm not trying to escalate the rhetoric Ingemi is using to save me from myself, I'm just pointing out how damn silly it is, and no, I don't believe Ingemi believes it either, but I sure it tingles the testicles of some of his readers.

No comments: