Friday, June 30, 2006

Denial: A River In Eastern Ohio?

Bob Ney has released a statement in regards to most of his senior staff resigning. From the New Philadelphia Times Reporter:

"As with every office on Capitol Hill, where staffers work very long hours, there is inevitably turnover. In fact, according to a recent study by the Congressional Management Foundation, the average tenure for staff is a little over three years. What is notable however, is that all three of the staff members who will soon be leaving my office all worked for me for much longer than the average tenure and in fact my chief of staff, Will Heaton, has been with me for roughly five years. I wish them well as they pursue their individual career paths.

"That being, I am very proud to say that I have recently promoted another longtime staffer and Harrison County native to be my new Legislative Director in Washington and another longtime staffer to take-over media relations responsibilities. In addition, we also recently hired two new staff members to fully staff the legislative operations arm of my office. Again, this is exactly what every single office on Capitol Hill does and in fact, what many others often have to do with more regularity than myself.

"Therefore any suggestion or implication that the office of Ohio's 18th Congressional District is operating at anything less than full speed ahead is baseless and without merit."

Yes, there is a lot of turnover on Capital Hill, mainly among junior staffers because the pay really sucks. This is different however, these were Ney's top three staffers, they all left at the same time, and as far as I know only Brian Walsh left for a waiting job.

No comments: