Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Iraq Study Group

Well, obviously the big news story today is the release of the Iraq Study Group. On the surface it is pretty much what I expected. With so many people throwing out the need to add twenty to thirty thousand more troops, you know it was leaked from this report. Those people aren't that smart.

Everyone knew that there would also be a regional engagement part of the plan, and of course it's bi-partisan so there has to be a clap harder component. Will these things work? Probably not, We've still got a petulant child calling the shots.

It is actually coming out in hard cover, so while I'm on vacation maybe I'll see if I can find it. Then again, maybe I'll just spend the next five days eating, drinking, and going to strip clubs. Probably will be the latter.

Update: Jesus, the thing is only 160 pages, I might be able to do both.

No comments: