Monday, March 06, 2006

White Powder

So, you've received a suspicious envelope with white powder in it, what do you do? Let's take a look at how the Department of Homeland Security Headquarters handled such a situation. From Yahoo.com:


For instance, when an envelope with suspicious powder was opened last fall at Homeland Security Department headquarters, guards said they watched in amazement as superiors carried it by the office of Secretary Michael Chertoff, took it outside and then shook it outside Chertoff's window without evacuating people nearby.

Nice containment. I guess I can't say too much though. Right after the Anthrax scare a few years ago, a couple of my employees opened what they deemed a suspicious package. They promptly brought the package to my desk for examination. Thanks. I asked them if they could, give me a call before toting any suspicious packages around to expose others in the future. (It turned out to be nothing)

I do have to say though, it's much, much more unlikely that I would receive a chemical or biological agent than the DHS, they should know better.

No comments: