Thursday, October 13, 2005

Sour Grapes

Much has been made today in the blogosphere about Richard Cohen's Op-Ed in today's Washington Post. Cohen thinks the Plame investigation should end and Patrick Fitzgerald should go back to Chicago.

I honestly think this is just an example of sour grapes. There are plenty of journalists out there getting the story on the Plame investigation and Cohen isn't one of them. Consider this snippet:

I have no idea what Fitzgerald will do. My own diligent efforts to find out anything have come to naught. Fitzgerald's non-speaking spokesman would not even tell me if his boss is authorized to issue a report, [emphasis Cohen's]

What's the matter Richard? Did you let your kewl kidz membership expire? I think what peeves Cohen the most is being left out of the biggest story in town.

No comments: