Thursday, October 27, 2005

Miers Withdraws

Much to my shock, shock I say, Harriet Miers has withdrawn her nomination for the Supreme Court. Actually I predicted this on Tuesday, so I'm really just tooting my own horn. I guess every asshole gets something right every once in a while.

I've yet to read her statement, but CNN is reporting that she says in it that her nomination had become a "burden for the White House." I have to say, any nomination is going to be a burden for the White House now. Of course the real burden for the White House is the 800 pound gorilla over on the ninth floor of 1400 New York Avenue that will start throwing tires tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see who the new nominee will be. I gonna guess Janice Brown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toot away, horny!
(that works on so many levels... all of them lowbrow)

Phlip said...

lowbrow is always the best brow