Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Reaching

I saw a local ad today ran against Ted Celeste, who is running for the Ohio House in the 24th district. The premise? That his brother Dick Celeste raised taxes twenty some years ago. Attack ads that link candidates to people who have been out of public service for over twenty years, in this case twenty-five years, are about the dumbest thing you can run. Joe Lieberman found this out earlier this year with his pathetic ad linking Ned Lamont to Lowell Weicker.

Those ads were widely panned as ineffective and these ads will be too. I myself was not even old enough to vote for Celeste in his last term, and I'm thirty-seven years old! I'd like to wish Geoff Smith good luck in his continued effort to bring out the dead vote. Please keep running these ads.

No comments: