Monday, May 15, 2006

Bush's Speech

While I more or less agree with the plan that Bush laid out during his speech, I'm not the type of person Bush is trying to mollify. I also doubt this plan will ever be put into action. The National Guard will deploy until after the election and then fade away without any of the promised advances being put into place, yet somehow managing to cost a few billion dollars.

The one thing that I would change is that you might as well grant amnesty. How are you ever going to prove what somebody who works under the table owes in back taxes. I'd say fine them maybe $1,000, grant them some sort of new work visa so their status here cannot be held over them by their employer, and after five years or so, let them be able to move towards green card status.

No comments: