Monday, April 10, 2006

No Sympathy Whatsoever

Listen to these whiners who gave money to Tom Delay that he is now converting to his legal defense fund. From Roll Call via Raw Story:

“If I wanted to give to a legal fund, I would’ve done it directly,” snarled one GOP lobbyist who refused to have his name attached to such callous-sounding sentiments, even if DeLay is leaving Congress.

Another lobbyist who gives to Members on both sides of the aisle said, “It’s nauseating to think about” his campaign contribution going to fund DeLay’s legal team. “I’m realistic about it. He wouldn’t resign for no reason,” this lobbyist said, noting that the timing of DeLay’s departure came awfully close to the announcement of a plea agreement by his former aide Tony Rudy. “That all this money will go to the legal defense fund, it sickens me,” he added. “I have to pay for that?”

Wah! If these guys didn't know exactly what Delay was up too, then they are fools. Let me give them a heads up on another member of the House that is doing exactly the same thing. He's Bob Ney.

No comments: