Monday, April 17, 2006

Carpet-bombing

Let the carpet-bombing begin! No, I'm not talking about Iran. I'm talking about the three million dollars worth of attack ads that Ohio Gubernatorial republican candidates are preparing to throw at us for the last two weeks of the primary campaign. The ads start today, but I've yet to see one.

I still think that this barrage of ads helps Ken Blackwell more than it does Jim Petro. Petro is going to need a large turnout in the primary to beat Blackwell and his merry band of loony tunes, and all these negative ads, combined with a republican party that is already in disarray, gives the edge to Blackwell as I expect turnout to be low.

Petro is in a spot where he's damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. He better have some really good late dirt to throw at Blackwell if he has a chance.

No comments: