Friday, January 13, 2006

Rant Time

Tom Collier of Worthington writes an letter to the editor in today's Dispatch where he proclaims that President Bush needs to conduct unlawful surveillance to protect us from terrorists. From the Dispatch:


Many say Bush should not be allowed to do this, and to them I say: What do you need to change your minds? Another terrorist attack? Another couple thousand Americans dead?

Sometimes you have to give up freedom to obtain it. No, wait, you always have to give up freedom to obtain it. [emphasis his]

By the way, in this poorly written op-ed Collier doesn't say what "it" is, but I'll assume he's talking about national security. Digby and Kos and others have danced around the labeling of these guys, using more politically correct language than I am prone to use. That being said, if you are a feminist or sensitive to harsh language you might want to skip the next paragraph.

Tom Collier is a pussy, in fact, he might be the biggest pussy ever to grace the editorial page of the Columbus Dispatch. Tom, if you are so afraid of the big bad terrorists I have some advise for you. Go to the store and buy a ten year supply of canned beans, then take your bitch cunt ass to your bomb shelter, bunker, safe room, or wherever you sniveling little cunts go to cry for your mommies. If, during the duration of your stay, something even slightly resembling a penis happens to grow between your legs, feel free to rejoin our free society. Otherwise, just go away.

Look, I live at or near what would almost certainly be ground zero for a major terrorist attack in Columbus, Ohio. If one happens I will almost certainly die. But, for the freedoms this country affords me I am quite prepared to die, so I accept that. Even your beloved president stupidly says that "they hate out freedoms." It appears you do too, so I guess that makes you one of them.

If the rest of the United States were to adopt your views, then I would feel quite safe saying that the terrorist have won.

No comments: