Monday, January 09, 2006

John Cornyn

Yesterday, Tim Russert asked John Cornyn about the $1,000 that an associate of Jack Abramoff gave him. I have to admit, my first reaction was to think was that with all the money that these assholes threw around, this schmuck only got a grand.

It reminded me of one of my favorite all time quotes by a politician. In 2002, during hearings into Enron's collapse, Fritz Hollings was asked if he had received any contributions from Enron. His response. "I sure did, but I got $3500 over 10 years, but our friend Kay Bailey Hutchinson (R-TX), she got $99,000. Heck, I'm the chairman of the committee. That wasn't a contribution. That was an insult."

Do you think Cornyn feels insulted? He said he wasn't going to return the money, which is dumb because it's only a thousand dollars. That's piss money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Phil. You ignored my log on defending Redern. Surprising that was the only one you had not responded to for several months. I was curious what are your favorite par 3's, 4's and 5's and why?

Steve O.