Friday, November 18, 2005

Fitzy

Patrick Fitzgerald will present evidence to a grand jury in the Plame Case. Today the Washington Post reported this:

Special Counsel Patrick J. Fitzgerald said in court filings that his investigation "will involve proceedings before a different grand jury than the grand jury which returned the indictment" against Vice President Cheney's former chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

I'm not an attorney, but my inclination is to think that Fitzgerald is preparing to ask for another round of indictments. This will be an existing grand jury that is not familiar with the case so I don't think Fitzgerald is going to take it over, but instead ask for specific indictments based on the information he has acquired.

Perhaps in house attorney Jeff would like to speculate on my theory.

No comments: