Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Latest Wiretap Triumph?

Three men here in Ohio have been indicted on charges that they planning attacks overseas to try to kill U.S. and coalition military personnel in Iraq and other countries. (Good thing they're federal charges, what with republicans clogging our state courts.)

This strikes me as very odd though. Why would terrorists want to recruit manpower in the US to attack in Iraq? If you had assets placed here, it would make much more sense to use them here. Getting their people into the US is the hardest thing for terrorists to accomplish.

It doesn't add up. After all, Iraq doesn't seem to have a shortage of manpower used to carry out attacks anyway.

We won't know for sure until more information comes out, but I see this as a bunch of guys who probably just ran their yaps a little too much. Probably all talk, much like those militia idiots in the nineties; however, I'm pretty sure this will be triumphed as a major breakthrough brought about by, you guessed it, Bush's illegal wiretapping program.

It's pretty sad that I even feel compelled to write this, that our government has inspired such a lack of trust that I just can't take it at face value, and to be clear, I can't. Given the lies that this administration perpetuates on a daily basis, I feel I have to scrutinize every single thing they say.

No comments: