Thursday, February 02, 2006

BlackBerry

Apparently the rest of the government is taking it's cues from George Bush now. The message? We're above the law. Lawyers at the Justice Department are now working on some sort of special exemption to allow government employees to be able to continue to use their BlackBerries if an injunction shuts down the system which could happen as soon as February 24th.

I don't use a BlackBerry so I'm not sure how they work, but I can't imagine it is technologically feasible to do this. I guess you could have technicians change the frequency BlackBerries use only for government workers only, but this would certainly leak out and you would have BlackMarketBerries on the network within weeks.

If I did use a Blackberry, I'd be pretty pissed about this.

No comments: