Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Concert Review: BRMC

Last night I caught Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at the Newport. All in all it was a pretty good show. The sound was great and the band played a wide representation of their repertoire ripping through twenty-some songs. I do have some nits to pick with the show though.

First of all, seriously, ditch the strobe lights. If you have epilepsy, do not go see this band. After two hours of staring at blinding strobe lights, I thought I was a Japanese cartoon character. Also, cut the smoke back by about 75%. It was a little tough to see the show unless you were in the front, although the smoke did help mute some of the strobe lights. At one point I turned to the guy next to me and asked, "Who is playing harmonica?" We couldn't tell because we couldn't see it.

One other thing, the three song acoustic set in the middle of the show caused the show to lose momentum, at least for me.

Outside those things, well worth the money.

No comments: