Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Sacrifice Bitches!

Mitt Romney was asked today why none of his sons are serving in the military. His response:

"One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I'd be a great president."

I'll be the first to admit, the question is stupid and a little bit unfair. Mitt Romney is running for president, not his kids so I don't care if they're crack-heads, or Prius driving dopers, or look like they belong in a gay men's choir.

Nonetheless, you would think the Romney campaign would have seen this question coming at some point and would have a carefully scripted answer prepared. Preferably one that doesn't make Romney look like a total jackass. Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Are these guys ready for prime time?

No comments: